The River is flowing too fast for safe canoeing. In addition, debris that has fallen across the canoe trail creates eddies which are dangerous for canoers. "Flood Warnings remain in effect along the Mississippi River at Wabasha and Mcgregor.
River forecasts take into account both observed and forecast precipitation.
The Flood Warning continues for the Mississippi River at Mcgregor. Until Sunday morning, or until the warning is cancelled.
- At 3:45 am Friday the stage was 16.3 feet.
- Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
- Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
- Forecast: The river will continue to fall, dropping below flood stage by Saturday.
- Impact: At 16.0 feet, the Washington Street Bridge to Saint Feriole Island begins to flood and is closed. Pumping operations are underway."
Canoes and Kayaks have been removed from storage racks at the Wyalusing State Park Boat Landing. Water is about five feet from the Informational Kiosk. The fishing pier is surrounded by water.
Updates to follow.