Humans, throughout history of Wyalusing State Park have changed the look of the land. Humans have adapted the land that is now, Wyalusing State Park.
Perhaps the earliest changes to the park occurred some 1400 years ago. Effigy Mound Builders made changes to the land. Effigy mounds in the shape of conical and linear mounds appeared. It is unclear as to what there purpose may have been. Later, Mound Builders constructed mounds in the shape of animals. Bear effigy mounds can be found at Wyalusing State Park near the baseball diamond and Pigeon Monument.
The next great change to the land of Wyalusing State Park may have occurred during the late 1860's when settlers came to the region and began to farm and raise animals in the area.
The park underwent the most changes during the 1930's, the years of the Civilian Conservation Corps and the Works Progress Administration. Lawrence was instrumental in both of these organizations.
To learn more about the Human History of the park, be sure to attend the Walk into History on Saturday, July 14, at 1:00PM. The easy walk begins at the concession stand, located at Wisconsin Ridge Campground. The walk is lead by former Wyalusing State Park Ranger, Bruce Klang.